Myrtha Pools recently participated in Perspective, an international forum on architecture and interior design. The splendid setting of the Hotel…
13th FINA World Swimming Championships (25m) 2016: a great success!
13th FINA World Swimming Championships (25m) 2016 scheduled in Windsor, Canada, from December the 6 th till the 11th, have just ended.
This year the event hit the scenes at the WFCU Centre (Windsor Family Credit Union Centre) a multi-purpose entertainment complex offering top class sports events, concerts and family shows.
Athletes strived to win a title in the 25×26 m temporary pool completed by Myrtha upon the hockey arena of the WFCU Centre.
All the worldwide swimming Stars, came from more than 170 countries, lived 6 intensive days of racing as a prelude of the upcoming exciting 2017 season.
During the thrilling competitions, the temporary pool signed by Myrtha has been the arena of new Championship record and even 2 Worldwide record. In fact Chad le Clos in the 100m butterfly touched home in 48.08 striking the new worldwide record. While the USA team won the second amazing WR in the mixed 4x50m medley relay: a real battle against the Brazilians, which lead the USA swimmers Alexandra DeLoof, Lilly King, Kelsi Worrell and Katrina Konopka conquering the gold in 1’43″27.
The end of Championship is the right time to take stock: USA are on top of the world with 29 medals (8 gold, 15 silver, 6 bronze). A good performance for Italy as well with 7 medals as booty conquered in Windsor (1 gold, 4 silver, 2 bronze). The biggest proud and praise go to Federica Pellegrini, back on top against the Magyar Katinka Hosszu in the 200m freestyle. The South Korean Taehwan Park is the other unexpected medalist of the Championship. After a difficult year where he struggled to recover, he succeed to win 3 golds in 400m, 200m and 1500m freestyle.
As a side event during the FINA World Swimming Championships (25m), the 4th FINA World Aquatics Convention had a great success as well, thanks to all attendees and commercial partners such as Myrtha Pools. The Convention represented a huge happening for Myrtha Pools, which has renewed its partnership with FINA until year 2021 and improved its relationship with all guests and insiders of the World of Swimming.
“The 4th FINA World Aquatics Convention once again has gathered key representatives from 207 National Federations and many commercial partners” –said Dr. Julio C. Maglione, FINA President. “For all the participant, the event has been an opportunity to consolidate networks and to extend relations by sharing their experience and knowledge with other players of the Aquatics world.”
Myrtha Pools will be now involved in dismantling the temporary pool to give back the arena to the hockey team.
2016 WINDSOR WORLD SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS POOL FACTS
- Competition Pool is a 25 Meter, 10 lane pool, only 8 lanes used for Finals. This pool is housed in the WFCU Centre.
- Warm-up Pool is a 6 lane community pool that was recently opened at the Centre as a permanent legacy from the Championships.
- Assembly of the competition pool started on Tuesday, November 22nd and the pool fill started one week later, with over 20 workers starting 12 hours shifts for 7 days.
- 4 days are allocated to take down the pools.
- At the end of the Championships Myrtha Pools has 72 world records set in our pools.
- Over 20,000 parts were needed to construct the two pools and the mechanical systems.
- 20 Tonnes of stainless steel.
- There are over 24,600 nuts, 24,600 bolts, and 59,200 washers holding up the walls of the pool
- The pool components traveled over 7,000 kilometers from Castiglione, Italy to Windsor.
- The pools were transported in five containers by boat and trucks to the WFCU Center, arriving 7 days before the event.
- There is over 1 kilometer of pipe being used in the pool.
- There are 2 gas heaters, each with a capacity of 2 million BTUs, being used to heat the water in the competition pool to 80° racing temperature.
- There are close to half a million gallons of water sitting on the floor of the WFCU Center.
- These gallons of water are equivalent to 2,500,000 glasses of water.
- The weight of the water is approximately 1,300,000 kilograms.
- 1,075 …meters of lane ropes being used for training and competition which is just enough to stretch across the Detroit river!
- 24,000…cumulative distance in kilometers are likely to cover in preparation and competition this week in Windsor; enough to swim half way around the World or certainly from St. John’s to Victoria and back!
The 2023 World Aquatics diving tour stops at Montreal, in a facility that was refurbished with Myrtha RenovAction technology…
Renovated in 2021, the pools at the Son Hugo Centre in Mallorca are back in the news. This is a…